Thursday, August 7, 2008

Epson Stylus CX7000F All-In-One InkJet Printer


Price Paid: $40.00 from Fry's Electronics

Description: The Epson Stylus CX7000F All-In-One InkJet Printer is fully compatible with PC systems. This printer connectivity interface:

Summary:
I purchased a CX7000F - refurbished - at Fry’s, and after printing about 6 black and white documents, it showed that two of the color cartridges were low and the blue and black were about 2/3’s gone. Don’t buy this model and check reviews on similar models like the CX6000 which have the same problem.

I’m trying to work with Epson customer service on this. Initially they told me to reseat the cartridges, but that didn’t do anything. After reading the comments on here, I am surprised at their response. They had to know that this would do nothing to solve the problem. Maybe they thought I would just buy more cartridges and go away. I called their customer service line and they are now sending me new cartridges. I don't know that this will solve the problem.

I was thinking of purchasing a more advanced and expensive Epson down the line, but I will look at other brands now. At least I didn’t pay much for this one. Nice scanner, lousy printer. Fortunately I still have my 10-year-old HP that prints hundreds of pages before I need new cartridges.

Technology (Detailed) Inkjet
Output Type Color Printer
Printer Type All-In-One
Platform PC
Form Factor Desktop

Strengths:
Very nice scanner. I am giving this a value rating of 2 starts only because of the scanner.

Weaknesses:
Major ihk hog. I think a printer should print more than 10 pages before running out of two cartridges and depleting the other two by half.

Customer Service:
Sending me new cartridges. I doubt that this will solve the problem.

No comments: